2 replies, 3 voices Last updated by  RichGaz 2 years ago
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Jaime
    @JaimeJ

My name is Jaime. I have been been sober for 5 months. I feel like I’m in a good place now that I can try to start helping other suffering alcoholic and addicts. If anyone would like to chat I would love to share with you.

B-rad
    Keymaster
    @brad

Hey there! Glad you’ve made it here. The chat rooms on this site are a great place to get to know people and share your experience, strength and hope.

RichGaz
    @RichGaz

Jaime, I’m new to the site but have a good number of 24 hours under my belt, and I always thought I was a “guru” because of the time I had in. I realize now that it’s best to be “green” rather than a “veteran” or “expert”.

As B-rad stated, I try to stick with my story sharing my experience, strength, and hope. I think that stance keeps my mind more open rather than “well-knowledged”.

I’m one drink away from a drunk, like every other recovering member. We’re all in the “same boat” and need each other.

I heard someone say that being good at playing a piano or a sport requires a lot of practice, and that takes time. I’m an alky and I want everything now, but it’s not going to happen. I have to take one day at a time and practice.

See you ’round Jaime!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.