This group forum is for those to find experience, strength and hope with recovery from alcohol.

If you’re looking for the online AA meeting chat room, please click here.

Forum and Meeting Rules

93 replies, 84 voices Last updated by  melz 4 weeks, 1 day ago
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 94 total)
  • Author

B-rad
    Keymaster
    @brad

As with any open forum, there are rules. We have four very simple ones. Since this website was built for the purpose of finding recovery through the 12 Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous, we also recognize ALL of the 12 Traditions as a foundation of how we operate.

1. Be respectful: We’re all at different stages of recovery. As such, we all have different perspectives. Being disrespectful will not be tolerated.
    2. No profanity: Our chat client blocks many swear words, but some still make it through. We expect everybody to be respectful of this.
    3. Try to keep the discussion related to recovery: “Drunk-a-logs” and “war stories” should be a very minimal part of everybody’s sharing. We all know how to drink and use. We come here to learn how to RECOVER.
    4. Remain anonymous: Anonymity is a cornerstone to which this program was built. This is the world wide web. This website takes every precaution to help protect your anonymity, but we can only do so if you do the same. Please keep your membership and sharing to your first name and last initial. And do not call others with a publicly identifiable name either.

If you break one of the rules, it will begin with a warning. If it continues, you will be kicked from the meeting at the discretion of the chairperson/moderator. If it continues after that, your account will be closed and your IP address will be blocked from using the website. We certainly hope it never comes to that. We’re here to help each other.

Schoolteacher_Bob
    @schoolteacherbob

Good morning,

New to this site.  How can I chair a meeting?  Thanks

Jill
    @Jatqkm12

I agree to the rules and am grateful to have finally admitted I am an alcoholic and need help and that this group is here.  Jill

James
    @ecogoth

new to this site I agree.

Alexandria
    @felix

I agree

Alexandria
    @felix

I agree.

Marcus Allen
    @mallen22155

I agree

KIMMY
    @KIMMY

I AGREE

Suzanne
    @cksem2003

Hi. Im new here and hoping to be able to participate in the 7:30 meeting tonight. Im not sure if Im doing this right or not. Im logged in right now so is there a “join” button that shows at the meeting time?

Suzanne
    @cksem2003

I agree.

Chef
    @chef

Hi I’m aj chef  I am new to this site and would like to gain and give support .thank you I agree

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by  Chef.

Hyer
    @Hyer

Hello all,

I’m new to this site but I’d like to say hello and it’s a blessing to wake up sober every morning for the past two years. May God bless you all with complete sobriety and supportive friends! It’s a pleasure to be here and I do agree as well!

Lisa
    @LisaD

I agree

Hiram
    @hbuckley

I agree

Trish
    @trisha55

I’m new here too and hope to join the 7:30 meeting.. my first

I hope I can get in and do it right…. hopeful

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 94 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.