Need more help to stay clean and sober? Try online counseling. Click here for more info..

AA Recovery Group

One Day at a Time

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  B-rad 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

B-rad
    Keymaster

What are the tools that you have found most helpful to achieve sobriety, one day at a time?

Rosemary

I’m on day 4 and I’ve been sick with the flu so that has made it easier. But right now, as ridiculous as it may seem, I remind myself i’ll Probably lose some extra weight if I can resist for 2 weeks (I don’t want to overwhelm myself with an idea of forever). I don’t think I’m addicted to alcohol, but I know I’ve been self medicating due to anxiety, depression, and avoiding working through past trauma. And while drinking helps me feel better in the present moment while I’m doing it, it is negatively impacting all other areas of my life when I’m sober. So I’m taking control, and attempting to face my problems without it.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by  Rosemary.

B-rad
    Keymaster

Good job coming to this realization, Rosemary! And welcome here. Whether or not you believe you’re alcoholic (by the definition), you can still practice one day at a time.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.